Friday, May 12, 2006

The Day I Turned A Pimp

I walk along the city streets you used to walk along with me and every step I take reminds me of just how we used to be.... Did I turn a Pimp then?

I remember how it felt to kiss and hold you tight…. Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the day I bought tiny portions of olive oil and ice cream because I had no money but wanted you to have them….. Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the night we made love and the intoxication of your smell that lingered on for days …. Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the umm’s and hmmm’s that made perfect sense to just my senses…. Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the spontaneous kiss in the rain with gay abandon, and the flying away of the umbrella…. Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the very first time we shared a bar of dark chocolate … Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the time I bleed in passion … Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the first time I slept with you in my arms all night … Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the single silver strand on your chest… Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember your laugh, almost echoing in my ears until I went deaf… Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember the images of the “United Colors of Benetton”, everywhere in the shower, in bed, at the deli ….. Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember discussing about your many suitors and the issues you had with them… Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember being your shoulder to cry when you had an issue … Did I turn a pimp then?

I remember introducing you to a friend of mine …. That’s the day I became a pimp… and died in my own eyes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quintessential Critic (Sudhir Narayana) said...

What was it that prompted you to write this post? Intrigues me. Was that a personal episode of loss? It's beautiful and sad.

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was just beautiful. Remember your Vivian Leigh, "For tommorow is another day"

11:48 AM  
Blogger Felix said...

Ecstatic..! the draft-man in me ran out of descriptive words, the moment u declared u turned a pimp..! :-)

wel said, most and many relationships suffer a break bcoz of *an* intervenor.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home